This is when you need to make some crucial decisions to enter the undergraduate course, university, and country of your choice.
36-48 months before (Class 9,10, 11)
- Work hard to improve your grades as they are taken into account by foreign universities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities and the Olympics.
- Start identifying your topics of interest and the feed you want to choose based on your skillset.
20-24 months before (Class 11)
- Start researching countries, universities, and courses that might interest you.
- Start preparing for your SAT, IELTS, and other English proficiency tests.
- Pass the tests, so that if you don’t get a good score, you have enough time to retake it.
12-18 months before (Class 12)
june to august
- After getting your score, preselect 8-10 courses, colleges and universities in the country of your choice. Review their study program, admission requirements and documents, and visa rules.
- Also check the funds needed, scholarships available, and check with banks or NBFCs for loan eligibility, if you need it.
august to october
- Colleges and universities start submitting applications from August through October of the previous year, so keep an eye out for your shortlisted institutes.
- Submit the application early as most deadlines are around October / November, with some extending through January.
8-10 months before
- Start writing your statement or goal and essay, which plays an important role in deciding your admission.
- Contact your references and provide them with the required reference forms to complete at least one month before the submission deadline.
- Ask your school to provide you with any records and transcripts that you may need.
5-7 months before
- Once you start receiving acceptance letters and interview slots, finalize them quickly and pay the minimum non-refundable deposit to confirm your admission.
- Apply for scholarships and other sources of funding.
- Set up all documents for visas and travel arrangements.
- Apply for a visa and book tickets. Sometimes visa processing can take a long time, so get it right on time, although some universities have a set deadline before which you cannot apply.
- Find out about health insurance requirements in the country of your choice. Buy health insurance.
- Make accommodation arrangements in the country of your choice, whether on campus or off campus.
- Get all the documents and things in place and prepare 1 to 2 months to go abroad for your undergraduate studies!