Lisa Ly, Yonosuke DeJesus and Guadalope Moreno Ceballos, Dylone C. Braganza, James M. Hyman, Katie Gilbertson, Raisa Kabir, Manoj Sharma, Sayeda Tazim Zaidi, Chia-Liang Dai, and Nathalie Martinez all manuscripts published in the Spectra Undergraduate Research Journal’s spring 2021 issue. This issue celebrates the work of undergraduate researchers representing five colleges: Lee Business School, Integrated Health Sciences, Liberal Arts, Sciences, and the Greenspun College of Urban Affairs.
Spectra Undergraduate Research Journal is a bi-annual, multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed, open-access journal dedicated to publishing the research of undergraduate students at UNLV. Created by the Office of Undergraduate Research and hosted by the UNLV University Libraries Digital @ Scholarship, the journal is committed to promoting responsible and ethical conduct of research, academic integrity, civil discourse, open inquiry and criticism and fair and impartial representation of undergraduates. research across the academic spectrum.
This issue celebrates the following articles:
- Lisa Ly, “Racial Profiling: Understanding the Practice of Stop-and-Frisk in New York”
- Yonosuke DeJesus and Guadalupe Moreno Ceballos, “A Timeline of Discovery and Current Research in Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma and the Emergence of Potentially Permanent Treatment Solutions”
- Dylone C. Braganza, Emmanuel Flores, Lauren Crew, Ryan Wirt, Andrew A. Ortiz, Adam M. McNeela, Jefferson W. Kinney and James M. Hyman, “Diabetes mellitus affects working memory”
- Katie Gilbertson, “The Future of the Live Entertainment Tax in Southern Nevada”
- Raisa Kabir, Manoj Sharma, Sayeda Tazim Zaidi, Chia-Liang Dai, “Qualitative Review of Educational Interventions for Improving Physical Activity Behaviors Among Older Asian Americans in the United States”
- Nathalie Martinez, “The ‘East Side’ of Las Vegas: A Latinx Historic Setting”
Moreover, this question of Specters featured the cover illustration by Kaleb Wesolek, a senior graphics and media student at the fine arts. Wesolek received the Spectra Undergraduate Research Journal 2021 Spring Issue Cover Artwork Award, a competitive award intended to foster student participation in the undergraduate research publication process and to better integrate artistic and creative works into research at UNLV. Sponsored by the Office of Undergraduate Research, the award includes a monetary prize of $ 500 and a plaque.