You will be part of the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) team working with the Vice Provost (Undergraduate Teaching) to advance and coordinate research opportunities and undergraduate experience in the whole university.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Head of UROP to liaise with all NUS Deans and Faculties and to identify opportunities for cross-disciplinary collaboration
- Facilitate the implementation of approval guidelines, course structure and teaching plan for UROP modules that adhere to senior management policies and guidelines
- Help review research proposals for UROP modules based on defined approval guidelines and identify opportunities for student-led research proposals
- Provide timely advice to students and teachers regarding their concerns and questions in the structure of the course and on the assessment of student learning outcomes
- Undertake the collection of data related to UROP admission rate, teaching quality, and student and faculty feedback each semester and ensure that it is updated and cataloged systematically
- Develop pedagogies for teaching research to undergraduate students and conduct and write research dissertations on these pedagogies
- Other duties assigned by the Vice-Rector (Undergraduate Studies)
- A good university degree, preferably in STEM or computer science fields.
- Candidates with research experience preferred
- Interested in advancing a multidisciplinary undergraduate education and keeping abreast of the latest educational developments
- Strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent spoken and written English, and able to provide clear communication and present ideas effectively
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with team and faculty members
- Computer and Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Outlook, Word and Powerpoint)
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities, and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. . Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence will be required.
Considering the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone on campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to gain successful employment with NUS .
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Office of Sr Dy President & Provost
department : Undergraduate studies
Eligible Employee Referral: Nope
Job Application ID: 14818